Let me begin by admitting that I have a problem with make-up like I do with books. OK, not that bad, but I do love make-up! I remember sitting on my mom’s bed as a little girl and watching her precisely place color on her cheeks and lips at her vanity. She was so beautiful. It’s some of my best memories, watching and adoring her. I remember her taking me to the store for the first time to get blush (suitable for a tween) and her specifically saying to always get peach. Peach flatters all you know! Anyway, I love make-up! I’m no expert and I could list 100 items I like, but I’ve narrowed it down to my most used and most loved!
If you have any recommendations please leave a comment below! Let me add, that you DO NOT have to spend a fortune to get good quality product. I have listed a couple high end loves but the majority of my stash comes from the drug store!
My skin type is dry! Problem areas- racoon like dark circles, large pores, and dryness.
Tools. I do think you should invest in a sponge and atleast a couple brushes. Application is important and having the right tool makes all the difference! Again, buy Elf. No need to spend a ton for a good brush!
My most used & loved!
1. Milani Pallette in Bare Necessities $8-$10.00
2. Tartelette In Bloom Palette $46
3. L’Oreal Quad in Boudoir Charme (great for one shadow looks) $8-$10
Eye Primer (really makes a difference)
1. Maybelline Masterprime in Illuminate $10.00
I have naturally blonde brows and very, very thin. I let my best friend pluck them in 7th grade. BIG MISTAKE. So yes, I do need all this.
1. L’Oreal Brow Stylist $7-$9
2. Too Faced Brow Quickie $22
3. Maybelline Total Temptation Brow Definer $6-$8
1. L’Oreal Lash Paradise $7-$10
2. Covergirl Clump Crusher Water Resistant (for the bottom lashes) $6-$8
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light (can be used as a soft highlight or to set your under eye area.) $22-$46
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder Translucent $3-5
3. Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunlight $3-5
4. Becca (pressed) Highlighter in Opal (very champagne color) $19-$38
1. Makeup Forever Mattifying Primer $17-$37
I have dry skin so I don’t like a heavy or full coverage foundation. These listed are light to medium coverage.
2. It Cosmetics CC Cream $38
3. L’Oreal ProGlow Foundation as well as L’Oreal ProMatte Foundation $10-12
I could list 100. However these are my most used
1. Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Soft Sable $3-4
2. Covergirl Classic Color Blush in Soft Mink $4-$5
For my racoon eyes of course…
1. Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector $32
2. Benefit Boiing Airbrush Concealer $20
3. L’Oreal ProGlow Concealer $7-$8
I have always, always used Avon! I use brown and plum.
Again, I love lipstick! I could name so many!
1. Maybelline Mattes in Lust for Blush and Touch of Spice $7-9
2. NYX Mat Lipstick in Whipped Caviar $5
3. Sephora Rouge Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve $14
Makeup is fun! Atleast it should be! Practice and play! Here are two of my favorite beauty Youtubers, EmilyNoel83 and JAMbeauty89. They are down to earth and so unpretentious.
Let me know if any of my favorites are yours too! Do you have any recommendations based on my loves?